Friday, 4 January 2013

72. Songs of 2012

So what songs say 2012 to you? If any?

What with all the running, training and traveling, I have had plenty of time to commune with my iPod. So I have a few contenders... Here follows the songs (that I like, I stress) that say 2012 to me:

1) "Bonkers" - Armand Van Helden and Dizzee Rascal [London Olympics!]

2) "Harder Than You Think" - Public Enemy [London Paralympics!]

3) "Wings" - Little Mix [um, I just can't help myself, I like it!]

4) "Too Close" - Alex Clare [love the song, but strangely have felt no desire to upgrade to IE9]

5) "Next to Me" - Emeli Sande [and why not?]

6) "You Need Me, I Don't Need You" - Ed Sheeran [has some great lyrics]

7) "Dad's Gonna Kill Me" - Richard Thompson [I blame "Sons of Anarchy"]

8) "This Life" - Curtis Stigers and The Forest Rangers [again, blaming those "Sons of Anarchy"]

I'm not sure if that makes 2012 a busy year or not - but those are my highlights, musically speaking.

Am taking a day off tomorrow (rest days are important) in order to prepare for Saturday - well, I might do the Pilates DVD... But I feel no guilt about this as I completed 28.6 miles last week when (to be "on track" with the Fake 5x50 I only needed to do 22. Woo-hoo! Desperately need a lie down, now, as my stomach muscles are complaining (might be to do with the 50 sit-ups per day thing I'm doing - one's core muscles are very important, you know).

Oof!

:o)

Today's stats:
Cross-trainer - 30 mins, 4 miles [Level 5]

No comments:

Post a Comment