You know that a day is not going to go well when you sleep through the alarm set to wake you up in time for a pre-work early-morning "jog/walk/run".
Well... Actually... As that's pretty much every single day of my life, perhaps I should qualify that statement...
Days where you sleep through your alarm rarely bode well. [Better.] Particularly when you are supposed to be fitting in an early morning bit of training to either catch up with Fake 5x50 (I'm behind! Behind!!) or kick off Jantastic Week 2 (*yawn* Another 3 runs? Seriously?!).
The day did not reach lofty new heights thereafter. No indeedy... My work laptop broke before Christmas and I was working using a replacement. IT bloke turns up on Monday morning (about 11am) with my laptop in hand. It's working again! It's been fixed? No, it just works again! *suspicious face* Reeeaaallllly? Are you suuuure? Look - it works! And I can't get it fixed while there's nothing wrong with it...
2pm on Monday my laptop froze to death (same problem it had before Christmas). IT bloke called back post haste to return to me the (lovely, working) replacement laptop and take away the repeat offender. Somewhere between 1 and 2 hour of my working day wasted... But since the repeat offender is apparently my laptop (and no other shall be given unto me) he'll be back "when he's fixed"... This saga has legs, people!
After all that drama, the fact that my Monday evening run was cancelled due it being jolly cold seems rather anti-climatic. Weeeelllll.... It was jolly cold, this was true. And I bought some post-run snacks to treat/motivate myself (crisps and chocolate - all the important food groups!). And then I ate them as soon as I got home. Which was awkward...
Still, going to the gym was warmer, caught me up a bit on the Fake 5x50, and off-set slightly the waves of self-flagellating guilt (crisps? Chocolate?! Bad foods!!)
:o}
Sunday's stats:
Cycling (in gym) - 36 mins, 7 miles (Level 5)
Walking - 20 mins, 1 mile (*hic* back to hotel from restaurant *his*)
Monday's stats:
Cross-trainer - 37 mins, 5 miles (Level 5)
Walking - 22 mins, 1.35 miles (still desperately trying to catch up on my daily miles)
No comments:
Post a Comment