Monday, 29 July 2013

135. Nor any drop to drink

Hmmm. The Good Lord moves in mysterious ways...

First he sent torrential rains and floods for most of Sunday. Well, all right, I can work round that...

Then he sent a slightly... Querulous stomach, which is odd as I've been trying very hard to eat very good foods at regular intervals (am now sick of chicken and salmon). Well, OK, there was some cake yesterday, but the stomach likes cake. Or, at least, I like cake and the stomach is expected to follow suit. Anyway, not a massive problem as can wait out the floods while waiting for stomach to get over itself.

Finally decided to do my hours in the saddle in the gym today - the torrential rain passed over eventually, but then the light was fading at an alarming rate. 3 hours or so on a bike in the gym - very dull, but do-able. And if I do intervals (hills every so often) then it won't be quite so unrepresentative of proper cycling.

Or so one might think. First issue - the bike will only let you set a ride for up to 99 mins. Okay... I can do a 90-min cycle followed by another 90-min cycle: not as easy to keep track of the distance, but only 2 numbers to add together. Second issue - bike decided it had had enough after about an hour (and I wasn't paying strict attention, and so I know I'd definitely done at least an hour's cycling at this point) and re-set itself. Okay... Set off on another 90-min "hilly" ride. This one stops after 40 or so mins (I was paying closer attention at this point). Set off on another "hilly" ride - stops after 20 mins. Quite vexed by this point (it's not as if I really want to be slogging through mile after mile on the stupid static bike) I try again. After 28 mins another re-set occurred and I had had quite enough, and stropped off home so that the bike would know that I was very unhappy with it.

Obviously, I had misunderstood the master plan for today. I should just have stayed at home on the sofa, every so often watching a video explaining how to take Boris apart for transport. Obviously. But it's too late now, and so I'll just have to go to bed and try again tomorrow...

(@_@)

Today's stats
Cycling (in gym) - ~2 hrs 28 mins, ~26.5 miles [2 hours hill intervals at Levels 1, 2, 3 and 5; 25 mins flat at Level 4]

Saturday's stats
Walking - 24 mins, 1.81 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment