Tuesday, 9 July 2013

127. Onward! Ish...

Hmm....

This weekend was supposed to be all about endurance training (seem to have managed to not do any of that yet - oops!). But...

There was sport on TV (Tour de France! Formula 1! And some sort of tennis thingy...) which it seems that I absolutely had to watch... And it was hot and sunny (too hot to cycle - I might melt...). And...

RideLondon sent out another missive on how to be prepared for the big day. Which I found about as reassuring as hearing drill noises when entering a dentist's. Basically, I retreated into my cave and tried to pretend that if I hid inside where no one could see me then everything would be OK. Patently this strategy does not have legs, but it rather explains away my lack of activity this weekend.

On the other hand, I got lots of other things done. I took Boris to the shop (for a routine check-up - he's apparently fine. For a given definition of fine...). Bought more cycling stuff that I really don't know what to do with (but is important to have to hand); included in this were some road tyres for young Boris - not fitting them yet, but will do before the big day in the desperate hope that this will magically bring me some speed. RideLondon very firm on cut-off times all the way round the route... Got to get out of the way of the professionals, you know... Hmph.

Also went to the cinema - saw "Man of Steel". Not too bad for a Superman movie, but... I'm really not a fan of Big Blue (he's such a boy scout!). General Zod was great though; and Russell Crowe got a lot of very nice screen time for a dead man!

Oh, and I got my hair cut. So it's not like I did absolutely nothing... But in the grand scheme of things, and with the best will in the world, a new haircut is unlikely to really assist me in cycling 100 miles (102 with the stupid rolling start)...

Darnit!!

:o}

Today's stats
Cycling (in the gym) - 1 hr 0 mins, 12.2 miles [better than nothing...]
Walking - 42 mins, 2.55 miles [Round and about]

Saturday's stats
Walking - 27 mins, 1.54 miles [around]
Walking - 21 mins, 1.3 miles [about]
Walking - 21 mins, 1.32 miles [and back again]

No comments:

Post a Comment