Sticking with the nature theme (not entirely sure how that started - it hopefully won't last long), it would appear that the ants have finally tired of Broom Wars and have retired the field. Either that or they are playing a damned fine game of Hide and Seek. Could go either way, really...
Have decided that I can only worry about so much at once (other people know this instinctively, I need to spend significant time to work this out) and my current focus is distance on the cycling front. Yes, the time issue is a concern (given RideLondon are very firm on cut-off times, and I appear to be way slower than the required minimum), but at the very least I need to be sure that I can cover the distance at all.
To that end, went out to cycle towards work and back home again. Nights are drawing in and so I'm running out of time in the evening to get out and back in daylight. Yes, I have bike lights. Sadly, Boris does not - Aggie (who has still not left the kitchen) is queen of the lights. I should probably do something about that... Anyway, went out for a decent time/distance, and discovered that - much to my shock - the council appear to have finished their roadworks! The fun 2-mile diversion is gone!
I am quite happy about this (shorter route to work!) but also thinking - now I don't know how to get to work (*sigh*) and, also, maybe the old route was better for training? It's a quandary... One which I don't need - the council does indeed hate me. The problem being that without the diversion signs, the longer route is a completely random route through featureless countryside (*yawn*) - if I try to find it by myself I am likely to end up circling aimlessly for hours (technically a good thing from the training point of view, but could get old very quickly).
Still, I can't say that I'll honestly miss the kamikaze sheep. They might have livened up an otherwise dull route, but I have enough issues with kerbs as it is. Not to mention drinking from my water bottle while on the bike and yet still maintaining a relatively straight line... More practise required!
:o)
Today's stats
Cycling (outside!) - 1 hr 34 mins, 15.98 miles [out and home again, confused by the lack of diversion]
Walking - 21 mins, 1.32 miles [regular as clockwork]
No comments:
Post a Comment