Tuesday, 26 March 2013

88. The Black Death

I have been cursed with the plague. The suffering is immense. There may be some out there who would try to convince you that this is but a mere cold... But they are deluded. 'Tis the plague, and no mistake!

Having dragged myself to work today (it's the END OF FINANCIAL YEAR!) and spread the plague about a bit... I have just spent half an hour trying to convince myself that I can still go to the gym and get some cycling miles in...

As I lurched around the front room, wrapped up like the Michelin man in 3 layers and a blanket (just to keep the chill off), dripping right and left, moaning every so often (after a particularly strong coughing jag), flushed with fever... It occurred to me that turning up in the gym looking like an escapee from a zombie movie, spreading plague before me, might not be the best way to endear myself to my fellow gym-goers. Or, indeed, to keep a low profile around HM Constabulary...

So I remain at home, in front of the TV (very confusing programme on - or I might just not be tracking too well in my zombie state), sniffing dramatically every so often.

You never know, tomorrow might bring a miraculous recovery and an end to zombie-hood!

Half-dead as I am, it's good to know that I can still dream...

*sniff*

Today's stats
I got out of bed - isn't that enough, already?!

No comments:

Post a Comment