Stepped outside my front door last night to find a police car parked across the road.
"Gah!" I think. "They've found me!" [At home - who'd have thunk it?!]
As I'm trying to shuffle myself discreetly out of view, 2 police officers appear, frog-marching someone out of the flats next door, with his hands cuffed behind his back. Just like on TV! I was interested for a moment, then remember the discrete shuffling and got back to it.
Low profile continues...
In other news, I think I've calmed down now from the shock of being committed to Challenge 5. 100 miles in 9 hours - how hard can it be? In August, mind, wouldn't want to do it now. But still - perfectly possible. Sadly, the RideLondon people keep trying to be helpful - they're sending me weekly updates, including all sorts of training plans (all of which involve far too much cycling, if you ask me). And that's on top of the shiny brochure that they sent when confirming registration - running events aren't so posh!
Anyway, I'm trying to take this seriously, and obviously that starts with the buying of kit. As it happens, this is slightly more important for cycling than running, as the bike needs lights to go out in the dark (and I can't keep using the "it's dark" excuse to not go cycling if I'm being serious about this). Shiny new kit has turned up now - it's not really that exciting, and mostly involves padding. Varying degrees of padding, actually, which surprises me. I now have a range of padding to choose from when going out cycling... Just what I needed - more decision to make which can delay me actually doing anything. Genius!
Still, not really going to be an issue until Sunday, as I'm busy trying to go running at the moment. Which is generally padding free...
:o)
Today's stats
Absolutely nothing (well, I went for a run - but that's another blog)
No comments:
Post a Comment