Tuesday, 5 February 2013

77. Slippery like an eel

People are always complaining that the streets aren't safe, that they don;t see the police around any more... Such people are blind, blind I say! Everywhere I go at the moment there's a police car hanging about. Walk to the shops - pass a parked police car. Drive home from work - police car performs a 3-point turn in front of me. There's nowhere to hide! [Unless I give in to the temptation to hide in my bedroom at home... For a good, long time...] Frankly, it would take a lot to convince me that I'm not being stalked at the moment.

So, current plan is to keep a low profile (wearing disguises whenever possible/humorous). How low a profile a person writing an open blog on the internet can have remains to be seen... But we shall ignore the virtual world at the moment - all about the harsh realities of life at the moment.

My new quiet and careful life appears quite dull, currently, but I am sure that I shall enjoy the subterfuge eventually.

All this quietness gives me plenty of time to catch up with the Fake 5x50 challenge*sigh*. I am now only 17 or so km behind target to date! Yay! Sadly, there's just over a week to go (well, I say "sadly"...) and so this means a lot of miles need to be covered in a hurry. Or a lot of recording my walking to and from various shops in a desperate attempt to get up to target... Quietly, though, and very, very carefully.

:o)

Today's stats
Cross-trainer - 37 mins, 5 miles [Level 5]

Yesterday's stats
Walking - 27 mins, 1.72 miles (go to shops)
Walking - 29 mins, 1.84 miles (back from shops - not entirely sure why it was a longer walk...)

No comments:

Post a Comment