Tuesday, 5 May 2015

166. The most important thing is one's health

So I wake up last Friday with a pain in my upper right chest. "I've pulled a muscle," thinks I. "How irritating."

And it was irritating. And every time I experienced pain... I wondered, "How did that happen?". Because a bit of gym cycling and walking should not lead to pulling a muscle in my chest. So then I start to think, "Maybe it's not a pulled muscle?"

Continuing on this path, by mid-afternoon I had mentally gone through all the other things that it could be, up to and including various heart-related issues.

Giving some serious thought as to whether I should relax my dislike of doctors sufficiently to actually book an appointment to have my (possible) angina diagnosed, I lifted my ridiculously heavy work laptop bag with my right hand and swung it onto my right shoulder... And then it occurred to me that there might very well be another cause for my having pulled a muscle in my upper right chest...

So there you are. Exercise is bad for you (fact). But apparently not as bad for you as work.

And that's all the wisdom that I have to share with you today...

:o)  

Today's stats
Cycling (in gym) - 35 mins, 7 miles [Level 5, not too bad...]

Saturday's stats
Walking - 1 hr 05 mins, 4.03 miles [here, there and back again]

Thursday's stats
Walking - 1 hr 09 mins, 3.97 miles [this was 4 miles on my Garmin! Bah!!]

No comments:

Post a Comment